November 25, 2008

"Old" Crafts

There are some crafts that are popular today and some that seem to be very unpopular.

So, I was just wondering if anyone still does some of them.


I saw Macrame mentioned in the comments on a blog. I thought that went out in the 70s (or at least the early 80s).


Everyone knows that scrapbooking is in - BIG TIME! There are stores everywhere, thousands of websites, blogs and magazines dedicated to this craft.


Knitting has made a comeback with those bars offering knitting clubs (I heard of one in Sydney a while back) and guys are taking it up too.


I see cross stitch mentioned a few times (ok, so that's my thing and what this blog is mostly about), but you can't get that as much as when I started stitching 16 years ago.


Quilting is another popular one - magazines, quilting groups etc.


So, are there some crafts that you do that may not be so popular right now, or are you doing the popular ones?

I'd put a pol in this post, but I don't know how.

1 comment:

Hanna Banana said...

I crochet and have been since I was fifteen, (I am thrity now). I have also started teaching my children the craft.