Yes!! Hang in There Panda is finally finished. Only a year and a month after it was ment to be!
I had run out of one of the greens, but there was so little I needed and it wasn't next to the green with leaf of that colour that I decided to use a green from my stash that was the closest match I could find.
Today I had another successful sewing afternoon. 4 things crossed off my 'To Do' List.
Two of them were mending jobs, but the other two I cut out the other day and sewed them up today.
I needed a couple of headbands, and having had some success with making them myself in the past, I wanted to try to improve my "pattern".
I tried 2 different techniques and am happy with how they turned out. The one with butterflies is actually purple, although it does look more blue from this photo.
So I've been doing a lot of work with felt lately - 25 felt brooches to be exact (although it ended up being 26 because I made a mistake on one).
These were for the wonderful women I know who are on LF8R Camp this week - the youth camp that my church runs every winter in conjunction with CYC Ministries at Forest Edge.
It wasn't the right thing for me to go this year, but I still wanted to be involved somehow, so I was very glad when I was asked to make these for the leaders.
I have no idea who got which one, but I had fun making them. Each one is unique, and I tried some new things, particularly on the hearts.
Since making these I have found a new pattern to try, so there are sure to be more pictures of felt brooches popping up in the future. And I'm on the hunt for unusual buttons to include in future projects, so if you're trying to get rid of a stash of buttons, please think of me, I'd love to take them off your hands.
So one of the best things I have done lately is to quit playing Facebook games. It means I have time to get on with some of the projects I haven't got around to for ages.
Just tonight I cut out 3 of my sewing projects and completed one of those 3.
My best friend bought a top at the OP Shop the last time we went OP Shopping together, but wanted the sleeves to be longer. I said, "Oh, I can do that!" On our way home we bought some matching fabric (at least as close as we could get it), and I measured her arms to work out what she wanted.
Finally tonight I got on with it and finished!!
I had to fit the sleeve extensions to the existing sleeve because of the elastic there, but it wasn't too hard once I worked out where they were to go. To "hide" the stitching, I stitched over the existing stitching for the elastic.
I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I hope my best friend is too.