July 2, 2012

Getting on with my Sewing List

So one of the best things I have done lately is to quit playing Facebook games. It means I have time to get on with some of the projects I haven't got around to for ages.
Just tonight I cut out 3 of my sewing projects and completed one of those 3.

My best friend bought a top at the OP Shop the last time we went OP Shopping together, but wanted the sleeves to be longer. I said, "Oh, I can do that!" On our way home we bought some matching fabric (at least as close as we could get it), and I measured her arms to work out what she wanted.

Finally tonight I got on with it and finished!!

I had to fit the sleeve extensions to the existing sleeve because of the elastic there, but it wasn't too hard once I worked out where they were to go. To "hide" the stitching, I stitched over the existing stitching for the elastic.
I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. I hope my best friend is too.

No comments: