January 16, 2009

And it continues ...

... to happen every time a new Fox Collection Catalogue arrives in the mail.

That's right, I put in another order for cross stitch kits. Last time I told my self no more for a year. At the time I was thinking a twelve month period starting from that date. Well, it hasn't happened. The new year started and a new catalogue arrived, and as they say, "The rest is history."

I've put most of the pictures in my 'Projects to Start' list - except for one that I can't get a picture for.

So there you have it. I'm beginning to think I'm addicted to buying new cross stitch kits.

I was talking to a friend about this very thing - 4 days before my latest order - and she has the theory that we are planning for our retirement!! Lets just say that I have at least 40 years before that day arrives, so if I was to keep buying kits at the rate I am and my current time spent stitching remains the same, I think I should be able to do at least 3 per year in retirement, as well as one a year during my working life. Of course the assumption is that I will still be able to see to do it, I won't have arthritis in my hands and I will still love doing cross stitch by then.

Hmm ... I think I need to invest in a new storage box for my 'Projects to Start' collection.

1 comment:

Aimie said...

I do the same thing! I have 3 blanket projects started that I still have to finish and I just bought another one! Silly me! :)