May 8, 2009

Backstitch 2

Yesterday I was talking about doing the backstitch on 'Sweetheart's Gate' and how it defines areas of the stitching. The photo above is one I took last night to demonstrate how it has been working. Have a look at the 2 tree branches in the middle of the shot. The one on the left has a distinct definition as to the edge, while the one on the right just blends in with the other stitching. You can also see some of the detail in the birdhouse.

The photo below is of where I'm up to. Once I have the backstitch done on the other tree branch, I'll be scrolling the frame down to work on the lower areas, where the majority of the backstitch is to be done. Each of the flagstones in the path and the pickets on the fence is outlined, as well as details on the hats, some of the flowers and the flower pots (not shown in this photo).



1 comment:

Lhassa said...

Très belle toile !