I also completed the Butterflies Linen Table Runner, the Christmas Tree ornaments and a few other mini projects (as you can see from earlier posts). I estimate that it actually took me only 4 months to do.
You can't see from this picture, but there was blending filament used on some of the butterflies to give them a shimmer in certain light.
Somewhere I made a mistake in counting, but buy the time I discovered the problem it was too late to make any changes, and it really hasn't affected the overall look.
One wise person (I don't remember who) said that you don't make mistakes, just personalise the pattern!
I am now starting 2 new projects. One is an applique quilting project - The Lighthouse. This will form the centrepiece of a new doona (quilt) cover that I have been planning for 11 years. I think it's time to get it done and use some of my fabric stash.
The second project is African Sunset. This will be a gift once it is completed. Have a look at the picture in my side bar. All of it is stitched - none printed. It's sure to look good when finished, and it's totally different from the usual style of pictures that I do.
Oh, and in case you're wondering the blue marking on the Butterflies Linen Table Runner has almost all come out. I just need to wash it again, and then put some kind of backing on it so that I can use it. Although the more I look at it, the more I realise that I'm not that keen on the colour choice. It may just end up in my Glory Box, or given to someone.