July 14, 2010

Crochet Rug - The First Ball


Well this is the progress on my crochet rug.
I've finished the 1st ball of wool (plus the start of the 2nd).
The first ball made just over 19 and a half rounds.
I've worked out my pattern, of sorts.
I have 3 colours: Navy, Purple and Maroon.
So the plan is for 2 balls of Navy, followed by one round of Maroon, then 1 ball of Purple, followed by a round of Maroon ...
I have 10 balls of Navy, 5 of Purple and 3 of Maroon, so I'm hoping this will be enough.
Actually, I can't get any more of the same brand wool, so it will have to be. The blocks of colour will decrease as the rug gets bigger because more wool will be needed for each round.
I'll do another update after the second ball of Navy.
And for those wondering, this much has only taken 2 and a half weeks!!

No comments: