January 5, 2013

Mysteries Revealed

Now that Christmas and a birthday have come and gone, I can now share with you some of the projects I made as gifts.

One of them was my first foray into Kaiser Craft's constructable items - in this case an advent calender.

 This is the 'advent' calender that I made for my Mum. I had planned to do it for 2011, but time got away from me. Then she said that she wanted one that could be used throughout the year, not just at Christmas, so I was very glad I hadn't done it.
It took a lot of time, particularly constructing all the individual drawers - I wrapped them with paper, then clear contact.


These are just 3 of the Christmas Tree decorations that I made for each family member (plus a few friends). As I have mentioned previously, it is a tradition in our family for each person to receive a new tree decoration each year. It makes our tree very eclectic, but I like it that way!





I also made my own gift tags! Just hearts punched out of Christmas papers (leftovers from a make and take I did at Paperific) stuck on precut circles, with a bit of gold cord tied through the holes.
I also made personalised napkin rings (no picture). A bit of recycling went into this project as I used the cardboard rings in the packaging of some Ikea tealight candle holders! I painted the edges of the rings white (there was already white paper on the inside and outside), stuck some Christmas scrapbooking paper around, and put on a label with the person's name. For a couple of the labels I actually punched out the shape from a paint colour sample card!



These were a present for one of my sisters. She loves bird houses and I found these two fairly cheaply online. They come unpainted, so I had the fun of painting and decorating them. The daisies on the green and red one I painted, but the lady bug is a sticker. For the green and white one, I stuck on blue paper flowers, but painted the vines.





These 2 felty friends rounded out my partially handmade Christmas Gifts. The Scotty dog was a new pattern, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. My friend said she didn't want to wear the brooch because she'd rather look at it!

 

Finally (for today - although there are other projects I've done that haven't been received yet) a birthday card for one of my sisters - yes the same one I gave the bird houses to.
I used one of the Flower Soft toppers that I have had stashed away.

No comments: