May 26, 2013

A "Little" Bit of Crochet

For years I've wanted to do really fine crochet and make a doily. Since I learned how to crochet using a DVD I've thought about it more, but with so many other crafts that I do and projects on the go, it's just one more thing that's been put on the back-burner. I've also been seeing crochet embellishments for cards and realised that I could make them myself.

I had a little time on my hands over the last couple of days, and a book out of the library - "100 Snowflakes to Crochet".
So, I found some crochet cotton and used one of my smallest hooks (actually a cro-tat hook).
The first one I did in about an hour. The second took a bit longer, but it was more complicated.
And here they are ...
The one on the left was first. It's about the size of a 10 cent coin. The one on the left, I think looks more like a ships wheel than a snowflake! It's just a little smaller than a 50 cent coin. It was hard to get the loops right. I wasn't sure which side of the chain to put the hook through so that it sat right. I think I may use these on cards as embellishments.

So that's what I've been up to lately, plus some more work on my crochet rug! It's slow going these days with it getting so large, but I'm closer to the end than the beginning. A few more rounds of blue, then I'll do maroon edging!

No comments: